Monday, November 2, 2009

What's on Tim and Toby's Minds?

CMT.com has the world premiere of the new Toby Keith video, "Cryin' for Me (Wayman's Song)” today. The video will debut on-air at CMT tomorrow. "Wayman" is Wayman Tisdale who was a star basketball player at Oklahoma, won gold with the US Olympic team, was drafted number two in the NBA draft and played 12 years in the NBA for three teams - he's a basketball legend. Once he retired from basketball he became a successful jazz bassist and recorded several albums. He was also a good friend of Toby's. Tisdale died earlier this year at 44 after fighting cancer and this is Toby's goodbye song to his friend.

In a recent interview with Reader’s Digest Tim McGraw was asked to finish a few sentences. Here is a sneak peek at some of his responses.

1. Three things I can't live without:
My family, Italian food ... and exercise.

2. My favorite football movie is ...
North Dallas Forty. I'd love to remake it.

3. I cry when I watch ...
Everything! I'm half Irish—I cry at commercials. I recently saw a movie called The Greatest. We watched it at 8 a.m., and I was ruined for the rest of the day. I had a headache from crying.

4. My favorite song to sing in the shower is ...
"Hotel California."

5. I wish I had more ...
Patience. I have a hard time waiting, which is horrible because I live with four women. I had to learn not to get dressed until they say they're ready to walk out the door, because I'll still have 30 minutes.

6. My daughters will be ready to date when ...
I'm dead.

7. The best thing to do for a woman is ...
To listen. I learned it from my wife. You don't have to give a solution. I'm bad about jumping in three words after she starts talking and trying to find a solution. It's not the right thing to do.

8. My favorite time of day is ...
Late afternoon, about the time the news comes on. Everyone is home; dinner is cooking. And bedtime. We put the kids to sleep, and Faith and I get into bed and take a deep breath.

No comments: