Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Monday

Carrie Underwood’s “Cowboy Casanova” dancers were quite the talk of the CMA Awards. Don’t plan on seeing that kind of choreography on tour next year. Carrie says, “I’m not really like a choreographed type act I don’t think. I just remember watching Faith Hill and Reba growing up and I don’t know what I would have done if they would have marched out on stage with dancers behind them. So, I try to think about that and I don’t think that’s my style. Never say never, but on tour – I don’t know.” Carrie hasn’t announced her official tour plans for 2010, but she will be hitting the road as a headliner once again.

News From Around The Country
Julianne Hough
has begun shooting the new movie Burlesque with Christina Aguilera. In addition to that, she has a work out DVD hitting store shelves on December 15th and is also co-authoring a book The Goddess Guide to Getting Closer, which provides tips to girls to help them feel better about themselves. … Wynonna was talking quite a bit around the CMA Awards last week. With the passing of the 25th anniversary of The Judds, Wynonna says talks are in the works to un-retire. .... Gretchen Wilson's new single, “Work Hard, Play Harder,” will be included in a feature called "The Art of the Burnout" during the NASCAR Ford 400 season finale Sprint Cup race at the Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 22nd. … And finally, Brad Paisley, record executive? Along with singer/songwriter Chris Dubois, and songwriter/producer Frank Rogers, Brad is partnering with Sony Music Nashville umbrella to found a record label called Sea Gayle Music. The first artist signed to the label is Jerrod Neiman.

No comments: