Thursday, August 26, 2010

Meet Jaron

The Country Station recently ran across a great article on Jaron And The Long Road To Love. It's worth sharing in today's post.


Jaron, of Jaron and The Long Road to Love sounds more than a little bitter in his hit single, "Pray for You," as he prays for bad things to happen to his ex. But that's only part of his complicated love story. The rest of it is laid out in his album, Getting Dressed In The Dark. "There was one relationship that really sticks with me," he said. "And that's where most of the songs come from." In fact, Jaron dedicates the album, released in June, to his unnamed ex-girlfriend in the liner notes, thanking her and saying that although she was "annoying at times," he deserves most of the blame and is sorry for hurting her. "Through help of my therapist, we worked it out," said Jaron, grinning. Lots has happened.


"In 2003, Evan and I decided to take a year off and do some other things. We just wanted a break from the music business, because it can be a love-hate business," said Jaron, referring to his twin brother and "Evan and Jaron" music partner. "That year turned into six, and in 2009 I said, 'Evan, I've got stories to tell.'" Jaron was living in Los Angeles, working as a screenwriter. Evan wasn't ready to get back into music, but he encouraged his brother to go solo. "I wrote probably most of the songs on this album in a two-week period in L.A. before I left and jumped out to Nashville just to get away from the distractions of L.A.," he said. "I knew if I was going to start over and I was going to go back to square one and have to get stuff kicked in my face, I was going to have to get away from the comfortable lifestyle that I had built in L.A."


Jaron ended up finding newfound creative inspiration after a move to Nashville. It was in Music City where, last year, Jaron crafted enough songs for an album, and he decided to record them under the banner of Jaron And The Long Road To Love. "The idea behind it was to let my listeners know that the songs I'm going to sing and that they're going to hear from me are all about relationships. They're all about me and my experiences, where I got it right and where I got it wrong." Jaron doesn't know why his road to love has been so long, but he can describe his ideal girl by quoting from his next single, "That's Beautiful To Me. "The second verse in the song has a line that says, 'You turn every head when you walk into a room, but your kindness and your sweetened soul lingers like perfume," he said. "That's what I'm looking for." Jaron's new single "That's Beautiful To Me" is at Country radio and he's set to film the music video in Los Angeles later in August.

Also, congratulations are due for James Otto and his wife, Amy, who are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, Ava Katherine Otto. Born Tuesday night at 9:23pm at a Nashville-area hospital, Ava Katherine came into this world weighing 8 lbs., 2 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long.

"We can't believe Ava is finally here! She is beautiful like her Mama and I am already wrapped around her tiny finger. I am so grateful I made it home in time to be here for her arrival--it has truly already changed our lives," James said.

No comments: