Friday, January 15, 2010

Feel Good Friday Facts

In the wake of the devastating 7.0 earthquake that occurred on Tuesday in Haiti, George Clooney and MTV Networks have teamed up to hold a telethon to raise money and support for the embattled country. The benefit will take place on Friday, January 22nd and all proceeds of the bi-coastal event will go towards relief efforts in Haiti. The show will air Friday night on all MTV Networks channels, including CMT. The impressive list of musicians, actors and actresses who will take part in the benefit with Clooney will be announced in the coming days. You should fully expect to see some country names on the list.

Reba McEntire will release a live DVD, CMT Invitation Only: Reba, on February 9th. Recorded in Nashville, the one-hour special features "Strange" and her latest No. 1 hit, "Consider Me Gone." Both singles are from her 2009 album, Keep On Loving You. The 10-song collection also features "And Still," "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia," "I'm a Survivor" and "Why Haven't I Heard From You," as well as "Why Not Tonight," "Nothing to Lose," "8 Crazy Hours (In the Story of Love)" and "I Want a Cowboy." In addition, the DVD will feature an extended interview and the music videos for "Strange" and "Consider Me Gone."

Where’s Jimmy? Almost in Memphis. Jimmy Wayne began his walk from Nashville to Phoenix on January 1st, as an effort to raise awareness about the homeless and at-risk teen population. Jimmy says, “I’m trying to average about 20 miles per day, about 20 to 25 miles per day. So I’m making pretty good time. I’ve got about a 50 to 60 pound bag on my back. I kind of just want to keep walking. I don’t want to stop because I got a long way to go. ” Dierks Bentley, who toured with Jimmy on Brad Paisley’s American Saturday Night tour last year, has been checking on Jimmy along the way and says he helped convince Jimmy to stay in a hotel one night because of the freezing temperatures.

No comments: