Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Briefing

News From Around The Country
Jessica Simpson has been dropped by her Sony Nashville label. The Oprah show dedicated to country music will reportedly air April 14th. Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker and Kenny Chesney will appear and sing on the show. Darryl Worley shot a video this week for “Sounds Like Life To Me,” co-starring Jamey Johnson and Tennessee Titans quarterback Kerry Collins. Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5 made it’s Broadway debut last night. And finally, a good deed to bring a smile. Charley Pride learned of a Canadian fan who had paid $933 to a scalper for a pair of tickets to one of his concerts in her hometown. While in town for the gig, Charley surprised the fan when he showed up at the local drug store with a check to pay her back for the tickets. Charley said that he thinks online ticket scalping is unacceptable, adding, "That's why I came. I don't think it's right. I wouldn't like paying that much money to see myself." To top it off, Charley gave the fan two floor seat tickets, too. Fan Jacqueline Sharp cried when she said, "I felt like (I was) 20. He's one of the better performers I think I've ever seen."


And your Harley Photo of the Day: Ira Dean, formerly of Trick Pony

No comments: